Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

As We Digress: The Day Karma Wasn't Around

So, it's the holidays, right? One would normally be in a rather good mood. And when there's a lot of traffic you're being abnormally quiet, and pleasant, letting through everyone who wants to cut the line and go in front of you without even signaling, being the one to stop all the cars behind you in order for a small car to pass out of this tiny street that no one pays attention to, you know, all the nice things one could do on the road. One of the things that I dislike is the people staring at you when you're at a traffic light. Usually, I have my eyes fixed on the traffic light, or rummaging quickly for something in that huge bag that I carry around for university, or fixing my hair if the time allows it, sneaking a quick look in the mirror, you know you're like in a confined room of yours that has windows and a wheel, and usually when you're in your room you'd hate it if someone is peaking at what you're doing. I mean yes, the windows are tempting, but the only way they're going to look at you, or me for that matter, is "what the hell is this weirdo doing?", or "how typical of a girl to fix herself while she waits on the light", but I'd be thinking "what the f*** are you looking at?" or "do you mind?".

Any way, that day Karma so wasn't around. My niceties went completely unnoticed, and one of those big trucks, that I still don't understand whose existence in residential areas, hit my front right wing, and had I not honked like a maniac (and may have made an infamous hand gesture that I hope went unnoticed), according to the truck driver, he wouldn't have known he hit me.

Karma, are you serious?

So any way, I get out of the car, half pissed half scared (for no reason obviously, it was nothing a quick paint job can't fix) and I go: "you're kidding!" and he was like "it's okay, you wanna call the police?" and he started acting like I'm the stupid lost girl, and he's the one who knows how it all goes. And I let him call the traffic people and they came, the engineer/policeman asked me what happened, and asked Mr. Truck Driver what happened, and took pictures of the hit part of my car, and Mr. Truck Driver's unaffected vehicle, then Mr. Truck Driver and I signed the papers, and it would've been done there and then. But no, Karma wasn't there to save the day. Mr. Truck Driver was obviously unhappy with the fact that the whole accident was his stupid fault. Of course not, if a man and a woman get in a car accident, it's the woman's fault, and that goes without saying.

Too bad Mr. Truck Driver felt that way. Because he decided to call a full-on investigation of the matter, pissed off the engineer/policeman and had to drag me down to the police station for two meaningless hours, only to drop the whole matter because then he'd have to take it to court. And that's a lot of money he can't effing afford. My day was ruined. Mostly. But I moved on.

But Karma, we need to have a talk, as this isn't the first time you let me down like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment